Make-Ahead Pet food has protein rich ingredients. This recipe includes both chicken and organ meat. Seek out chicken that’s discounted and freeze it for making this and other favorite canine recipes. Other vegetables realistically work in this recipe: cauliflower, yams, and butternut squash. We chose vegetables that aren’t overly starchy however they are full of antioxidants.
All of ?our commercial dog food and treat recipes are made without: additives, coloring, by-products, fillers, sweeteners, sodium, or some other unhealthy ingredients.
Note:?Check with your veterinarian in order to making any changes to the pet’s diet.?? Also, you should be aware for any allergies your four-legged friend may have to specific ingredients in order to avoid ingredients which have caused reactions within your pets up to now.?? If you’re unsure about a specific ingredient present in our recipes, introduce the meals to the pets in small amounts first.
Make-Ahead Doggie Stew Recipe
- 3 pounds (boneless and skinless) chicken thighs, or about 10-12 thighs
- 1/4 cup chicken livers
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup frozen green beans
- 1 apple, core and?seeds removed and discarded (cut into 4 pieces)
- 2-3 cups water
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 handful fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Slow cooker method: Add all ingredients, except peas, parsley, and coconut oil, towards slow cooker. Use just enough water to protect ingredients. Cover and cook on low Half a dozen hours or high Four to five hours. About Fifteen minutes before switching off the crock pot, add peas and parsley.
- Stove top method: Add all ingredients, except peas, parsley, and organic extra-virgin olive oil, inside of a large pot.?Use enough water to fund ingredients. Provide for a boil decreasing towards a simmer. Cover and cook on low An hour or until carrots are tender and chicken cook through. About Quarter of an hour before switching off, add peas and parsley.
- Allow ingredients to cool down slightly. By using a slotted spoon, add ingredients, and coconut oil to the??mixing bowl and either, mash that has a fork, potato masher, or utilize a blender, based on the consistency preferred. I prefer to work with a blender and pulse about Several times in order that it’s the consistency of canned commercial dog food. Let cool completely before dividing into freezer safe ziplock bags or containers.
- MAKE-AHEAD: Your canine food mixture may be divided up and kept in individual freezer safe ziplock bags. Frozen baggies really should be defrosted inside fridge overnight. The meal is determined by the size and style and variety of your canine. If you are undecided about the amount of to secure your puppy, seek advice from your vet first.
Copyright 2018 Skinny Ms. ? All rights reserved.